Thursday, July 23, 2015

Kings of War, Mantic Games

After Games Workshop destroyed the Old World and came out with Age of Sigmar I have given up on Games Workshop. I won't get into all my reasons as I don't want to use this blog for ranting.

But I would like to thank GW for years of fun wargaming and re-invigorating my love of gaming and pushing me to Mantic Games and Kings of War. These are tight, easy to learn and play, fantasy wargaming rules, many old time WFB players will easily pick up these rules.

What is also great about this game is Games Workshop Fantasy mini's will easily transition into Kings of War. Plus pretty much any companies mini's will work, as long as they are the right scale.

 Here I'm using GW's Lord of the Rings Hobbits as a regiment of Hobbit archers.


Here is a Reaper Miniatures Bone Catapult waiting to be painted.


These old style mini's look great and are more my style. In one way I'm glad GW blew up Warhammer Fantasy. It feels like a weight has been lifted. Now I can use any mini I want, paint in any style I want. I'm really looking forward to a new era of Fantasy Wargaming.

But all this talk of new systems and mini;s, Mantic also has a full range of mini's for Kings of War as well.  These look great and I may pick some up my-self...

No comments:

Post a Comment