Thursday, August 14, 2014

Field Marshal Gaming Convention Armies

For the Field Marshal Gaming Convention...



 I will be running a Warhammer Fantasy Battle Game using the  Triunmph and Treachery Rules. There will be 5 different armies fighting for a cache of Warpstone.






The first army are the Vampire Counts. Used the Battalion Box from Games Workshop.



A while back I was listening to a friend describe how painting the Mortis Engine for the Vampire counts was "fun". I didn't really understand what he meant until I started painting my Vampire Counts and the Corpse Cart. This army is really fun to paint. I think it is because of all the blood and gore to be blunt about it!.


The next army up are the High Elves.





This is one half of the Island of Blood box set from Games Workshop. These were given to me by a friend who used to run a great little hobby shop in Uxbridge. Again this army was easy to paint. I used the Citadel range of paints from GW. I love these paints with the range of washes and shades, makes painting up armies faster and easier.


Next up are my Orc's and Goblin's. I know they are painted with a winter theme, just use your imagination that they came from the northern wasteland.





This army started with the Orcs from the 6th edition Warhammer Box set and the Goblins from the 7th edition box set.  Here is how the army started almost 4 years ago, Benny's Orc Mob. The Orc's were given to me by a friend, the Goblin's were most likely left over when I bought a second starter set to get more Dwarfs.

No comments:

Post a Comment